Creating Blog Articles
Creating and submitting an article from the back-end
Most content or articles can be created from the Front-end by any user belonging to the 'Author' group. This group is allowed to create and edit their own content; in some instances, a user may be given priviledges to access the Administrative Backend. Whether as a Manager, Administrator, or Super Administrator.
For all intents and purposes, the following will be written from a Manager(s) perspective. Most likely the access to the back-end could be reserved for those belonging to the editors or publishers group and not normal authors, however in the interest of content creation, those operations reserved for Managers will be briefly covered. More information regarding specific tasks within those mentioned below can be found in their respective Help Screens.
From the article manager you can see all of the articles that have been created on your site. Between the Article Manager toolbar and the list of articles you will see the filter bar. The filter bar will help you quickly find articles on your site by either searching for a string of text in the title of an article or by drilling down into content using the dropdown selectors.
Using the Filter search box
If you know the name of the article you are trying to find, or if you know part of the name of the article, you can use the Filter search box to locate the article. Type some characters from the article title into the filter search box and hit go. The text box is NOT case sensitive. After hitting go you will see a list of all articles on your site containing the search string.
Using the Selectors
There are currently 7 content selectors that can be used in conjunction with any or all of the other selectors: Status, Category, Access, Language, Tag, Author and Max Levels.
- Status - This will allow you to see only Published, Unpublished, Archived or Trashed articles.
- Category - Select from the Categories on your site to see all articles in that category.
- Access - Select an Access level to see only the articles with the selected viewing access level.
- Language - For multilingual Website and Appss, select a language to see only the articles in the selected language.
- Tag - Select a Tag to see only the articles containing the slected tag.
- Author - Select an Author to see only the articles from that Author. This can be combined with the previous selectors so that you can see, for example, only articles from the selected Author in a particular Category.
- Max Levels - Select a Level (from 1 to 10) to see only articles that have a specified viewing access level.
- Level 1: Only show items whose category is at the top level in the category hierarchy (in other words, with categories whose parent category is "- No Parent -".)
- Levels 2-10: Only show items whose category is in the top 2-10 levels in the category hierarchy.
Article Manager Toolbar
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new article.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected article. If more than one article is selected (where applicable), only the first article will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the article.
- Publish. Makes the selected articles available to visitors to your Website and Apps.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected articles unavailable to visitors to your Website and Apps.
- Feature. Marks selected articles as featured. Works with one or multiple articles selected.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected articles to indicate that they are archived. Archived articles can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the articles to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected articles. Works with one or multiple articles selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected articles. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected articles to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed articles can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the articles to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed articles, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the articles to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.